Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I went to Market :)

Hi everyone!

I have been away at Quilt Market and am now just getting my "self" together! 
It wasn't just market, if you remember, we had a new addition to the family this past month and I am happy to say Emma is getting so big!  Wish she was here in San Diego but I will just have to hug her on Skype!

Now, let me tell you about quilt market :)  I went as a helper for Kathy Cardiff  from the
Cottage At Cardiff Farms. It was certainly an experience!!!!!  Not just seeing market - that in itself is overwhelming - but setting up a booth is another story!  To say we came home tired would be an understatement!  Let me share a few "memories" from this great journey.!


Do you ever wonder what you need to take to market?  We traveled from San Diego with Kathy (The Loft)  and Jo Ann (JAM)...Between us we had 13- yes I said 13 bags (most were duffel bags).  That does not include our carry on items. Getting checked in should have told me what was ahead but I just laughed and continued on!


The next challenge after landing in KC was getting transportation from the airport to the convention center.  I will not try to tell the story but trust me...it was a challenge.  The shuttle service allows 2 bags per person and one carry on item.  Do the math -  what an experience but we got there :)


 Now....when we got to the hotel Kathy had boxes waiting that she had shipped earlier. Yes, another story....they had to be delivered from the hotel to the convention center.  The only way to achieve this was for Kathy and I to take it upon ourselves and find the tunnel (thank goodness for a tunnel) from the hotel to the convention center....When you go through a lobby very early in the morning pushing this giant cart and no one even asks a question :) you can say success!


Setting us was such an experience.  Kathy knew exactly what was to go where and how it would be hung!  Hats off to her...I just followed directions :)


Jo Ann and Kathy were a bit quicker, you could tell they were very experienced!


End result - it looked fabulous!!!

It was a great experience and one I will always remember.  I do say - to all those that design patterns and then go to market to sell - you are real troopers...Hats off to all of you!  I thank Kathy for taking me along.I can now say I have seen all sides of "market"....

I have a few more things to share but I will save those for another day... but for now...have a great day!

Remember - SMILE  always...
jayne








No comments:

Post a Comment