Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebration of a great birthday... 4th of July....

I do hope all of you have had or are having a great 4th of July....

San Diego did not bring us the beautiful sunny day we have come to expect.  My hubby and I set out for a beautiful spot in San Diego called Shelter Island. A beautiful harbor in our city that is just so peaceful ...today it was cloudy, chilly and packed with folks that got up early to celebrate this great day way ahead of us!
I do not do well bundled up in long pants and sweatshirts on July 4th but I gave it my best shot :)  We took a nice walk along the waters edge and since it was so crowded we got back in the car for a new destination!

My sweet husband knows all the back roads and where we could find a bit of sunshine - yup - Cuyamaca lake just east of San Diego...the ride alone is beautiful but the destination was just the perfect spot.  It was not crowded, the sun was shining and the surrounding sights were wonderful.  We picked our spot and set up our little place of comfort on sat down to enjoy.

Take a look at where we were!

It is a beautiful area.  This lake has paddle boats (we have been on them several times), little row boats, and small power boats to go fishing.

We found a great little spot to set up.  I made lunch and we had a little glass of wine....we also took our two beach chairs and out little picnic table - a perfect day :)

 Here I am fixing lunch - it was so windy and we had a few things fly away but all in all....fun! Can't go out without my Popchips!!!!

It didn't take my honey any time at all to decide what he was going to do all afternoon!

This was a perfect place to take my camera....beautiful shots in all directions!! If you look up in the hills you can see the fire damage from several years ago...all the gray timber is a reminder how fire season can be so devastating ....

The lake is peaceful....and as you can see...not crowded!

Everyone enjoyed the day....

I love it here...

We camp in this area but this week-end we did not camp.  I am glad it was so dreary at Shelter Island and so crowded...I got to have this beautiful day instead...

Hope your day is as peaceful as mine has been.  Now we wait for the fireworks.  From our home up on this hill we can see several firework displays!!! 

Happy 4th of July....and let tomorrow bring you even more joy!

Remember - SMILE always,
jayne

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha, I love your honey's idea of what to do on the 4th ... great picture of him!

    ReplyDelete