Thursday, August 2, 2012

Finally...

I have been on a mission to get EVERYTHING that needs to be completed - completed!  Well,  I still have a few (or maybe more than a few) that still stare at me each day but  I am happy to say that I had two quilts that needed binding and last night I put the last stitch in the quilt!   I love hand stitching the binding on the quilt,  the challenge is getting it ready and sewn on.  It is like a chore that keeps reminding me to get busy :) and I ignore it as long as I can.  Not sure why we do this because another completed quilt is a great feeling!



This was a class I took last year from Kathy Cardiff. I enjoyed using a color scheme but I really enjoyed using scraps to make the nine patches. This was quilted by Colleen she does great work and I like simple old fashioned quilting.  She gives me the desired look every time!!.  More about her to come soon...:)

There are still a few things to hand quilt - a table runner and a small table topper.  Those are on my list to get completed in the next week or two.  Will see :)....

Remember I told you I was now working at the Country Loft part time....well I am loving it!!!  A new book came out recently "A Day at Sunny Brook" by Maggie Bonanomi. Several of us are making projects from the book and they will be displayed in the store very soon.  I will keep you posted on that but in the mean time - take a look at the pillow I just finished!  I really love it! Primitive but fun.

To keep up with all we are doing at the Loft please visit out blog often.  We will be posting regularly and don't want you to miss anything!!

I have all my family coming home next week so I have lots to do.  Can't wait to hug the little ones - Ryder, Cooper and yes, our newest addition Emma!  I will post a few pictures later on. A house full of family is a "GOOD THING"....

Have a super day and enjoy whatever you are doing!

Remember - SMILE always....
jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment