Thursday, December 20, 2012

Busy, busy with much to do...

I have been very, very busy but as the days before Christmas grow near I am feeling good....

I tackled a few big quilting projects for this year and as always - my time management was a bit off.  I kept saying I had "x" number of week to finish and THEN I was under the gun!!!  I made it and am I ever pleased that I completed what I started.
A few items I won't show until after Christmas but I do have a few goodies to share with you today...

The shop where I work,  -The Country Loft -has a Christmas party each year.  We draw names and bring or make something for our special friend.  It is a big secret for months (since we draw names in the summer) and then the day of the party you hope you did a "good thing" for your pick.  Well this year I was pleased with what I chose to do for my special friend.....and ALSO so happy with my gift that I will share after my hubby gets it hung this week-end...:-).....

This is what I made for my special friend...

I made 4 little quilts from a booklet that I found at Temecula Quilt Co "A Collection of Small Vintage Quilts". I rolled them and used this fun wire basket to place them in.
Here are the 4 I selected...

This was such a fun project.I wish I had the time to complete all that were in the booklet but...not to be :(

I told you I would share my gift when it gets hung this week-end but I will share this adorable angel that was on the front of my gift.

Isn't she cute...the body is a towel and the wings are handmade and quilted.  I just love her....

Today I am wrapping, and will do a little baking shopping.  Remember - I have been busy quilting and have a few catch up  things to get done.

I will be back soon...have a fun day...

Remember - SMILE always...
jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment