Friday, February 8, 2013

Cleaning up....

I don't know about you but I have so many little projects that just sit there and never get done.  All I do is move them from one spot to another...As part of my New Years challenge I will try to finish the ones I like and get rid of the ones that I know I will never finish.  You know that theory about cleaning closets..."three piles - one for trash, one to keep and one I'm not sure pile"???? Well, for me, I am doing just that....it's just amazing all the things we start and then just forget about!  I am making piles :)

Here is one I decided to keep...and yes finish!
This was part of a Christmas project.  The 9 patch and the snow ball blocks did not line up at all once they were sewn together...So, Super Bowl Sunday (while watching the game) I took it all apart.  The next day I trimmed them all the same size and sewed them together again!  Success...I selected a cute border and backing fabric and will now hand quilt it and SMILE because I will finish it and love it....  :)

I love the border print - I think it;s Everlastings from Moda...
I will also use it as backing...

My last post  I showed you the BIG quilt I made for our bed.  It has been sitting in my living room just begging for binding, a trip to the washing machine and then get put on the bed where it was intended to be 
8 years ago....
So today, I sewed on 450 inches of binding and I will have it stitched down and on our bed by next week-end!!! Trust me - that was alot of binding :)

It does feel good to get things done...I have many more things in my three piles but I will forge ahead one at a time and then enjoy the result.  Yes, even with those that I won't keep I will feel good getting them to a new home or give away...

Did I also mention, I have been doing the same thing with our closets this week as well....I think its a quirk of mine but I love the feeling of being productive.  Like making a list so I can cross things off :)  It only happens in spurts so I will take the opportunity when my mind sends me in that direction....

Hope everyone has a wonderful week-end.  I for one am glad I don't have a major storm to deal with...hope all those on the East coast can stay warm and keep their power...

Until next time...

Remember - SMILE always...
jayne

1 comment:

  1. Happy Saturday morning to you, Julie. Even though I'm in AZ, we still woke up to snow. (we live between Flagstaff and Phoenix), up the mountains.

    Your snowball/9 patch is adorable. Do you have plans for it?

    You must feel good about your "sorting" . Are you finding things you forgot about?

    ReplyDelete