Thursday, February 21, 2013

The days just fly away.....

Happy Thursday everyone!

I have been planning to post for a few days now and I have also been determined to get my Bears Paw quilt top completed!!!!! Neither "won" but here I am....  Remember - I am on a self imposed schedule this year - ha ha....
The fact my husband has been away (until later this evening) has also given me the time to quilt and not do all the other things a day requires i.e. cooking etc.... However, I am so happy to have him home :)....as a matter of fact can't wait!!!!!

So I have been successful to this point!
I don't have the borders on yet but the corners are on and it's ready for the borders.  They are all cut and ready to go....
I have so enjoyed making this quilt.  The detail and small pieces I find so rewarding to do!  I also love scrap quilts and this was one that all "paws" were made from scraps!
 
I am heading to Seattle Sunday to spend a few days with my daughter, son in law and the little munchkins...My son in law is having surgery so I am going to help with the little ones.  Such a chore - huh?? I am soooooo anxious to see them!!!  Little Emma is just about ready to take her first step...maybe I will get to see it :) and Cooper - well he keeps you busy each and every minute....
 
I had to take a project with me because 5 days with no sewing would be a real challenge.  I have a small quilt I will hand quilt while away and do a little work on another project -
A little bit of English Paper Piecing will work just fine...at least get a start! This is a pattern by Kathy Cardiff from the Cottage at Cardiff Farms...
 
I always like a small project in process and this is mostly hand work...
 
I will be returning just in time to work the "Shop Hop" here in San Diego...It should be fun to so many great quilters and get inspired by all of them.

When reading all the great blogs my mental list of projects just keeps growing!!!!How do you keep it in check?  Or do you just start another project???? It's a challenge just like saying "I don't need another piece of fabric"...sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't....

Have a great week-end.  I will be back next week but will be reading all of your blogs even while I'm
away....so until next week...

Remember ...SMILE always...
jayne

 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. That's a real problem with blogging - seeing so many wonderful, beautiful projects just calling your name. It's so hard "not to answer" that call.

    Your Bear Claws looks warm and inviting - loving the plaids!!!!

    ReplyDelete