Sunday, March 31, 2013

Some got baskets....

I got a new design board.......

I've wanted a design board for some time.  I really wasn't sure what I wanted but I did my research and asked my wonderful husband to lend a hand and he did just that!!!!!!!!!!
How lucky am I , I do know that I must approach him with "specifics" generalities never get forward motion :)....at least not in this house!  But once he saw what I wanted to do he was full steam ahead....so I like to think ha ha...
The process Started yesterday at Loews....
We purchased a piece of foam insulation and had it cut to 4x6 at the store. It did fit in the car but was still a challenge....cost - $10.00  and change!

Trimmed my batting to 4 additional inches on each side....
Next step - remove the silver backing....Writing side of insulation facing down....
Placed batting (I choose white) on the flour.  We used the foyer since it had no carpet and allowed for a smoother placement..

Next placed insulation sheet on batting - no picture - sorry!

Once on the floor we secured the batting to the back starting in the middle on each side. It was suggested in some posts to use a staple gun - for us - no luck! The packing tape worked just fine!
The corners were a bit tricky but as you can see - I folded them neatly!
Next we secured the packing tape with strong dock tape.
This secured the batting and I am sure it will not move - :)\
Secured to the wall in my sewing room....and yes it is level!!
Up and finished!!!!
Being used - YIPPEE!!!!!!

We have these great guys in our lives and they do so much to help us never understanding what we really do!!!!  I for one - and so glad I have mine!!!! I bet you are too....

Hope you all had a great Easter day doing whatever brought you joy! Next year I will have munchkins living here in San Diego and oh the day will certainly be different!!
Forgot to tell you total cost $29.00

Until next time ....
Remember - SMILE always....
jayne







No comments:

Post a Comment