Tuesday, May 7, 2013

One down....

56 more to go :)

My days have been so busy with home "things", work and prepping for classes that I just haven't done something just for me in a while.  Unless you count visiting Pinterest! Time does get away from me                                                                 with that fun thing...
So today I decided to start a project that I can work on when I have a little spare time.  Just something  I really liked and I was sure I wanted to see it completed.
This little quilt does just that for me!

I fell in love with this Jo Morton quilt back in February and I knew I had to make it!
The blocks are 4 1/2"  and yes, there are 57 of them.

I wanted to make at least one square and one setting triangle to be sure it was what I wanted to do.
SUCCESS -- blocks are just perfect and a little wiggle room included to cut down to exact size. 
By the way - I need 28 setting triangles :)
I purchases the sashing fabric as soon as I saw the quilt.  I won't do all Jo Morton fabric but several from my stash. Scrappy is my way - so only time will tell what my end selection will be!

This was my goal today - get started with one square and one triangle.  I am now going to get ready for my class tomorrow, cook dinner, bake and hopefully be back to do a little cutting later....

Hope you have done something "just for you" today as well :)

See you soon...
Remember - SMILE always....
jayne

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, it'll be wonderful! I especially like the blocks settings, with the lighter showcasing the Jos.

    ReplyDelete