Friday, October 11, 2013

Little things....

Happy Friday, I'm back again!

This past week on our first rainy evening in San Diego in many months I spent my time finishing the binding on a quilt I made long ago...I blogged about it quite some time ago but don't remember when :)

It was a quilt I made many years ago and never finished.  It sat in a basket for such a long time and then last year I decided to pull it out and asked my friend Colleen at  Quilting Under The Sun to quilt it for me.  Not only is she a great Longarm quilter she is a great friend!!!!

It is a HUGE quilt.  One of those that we continue to make blocks for because we have a huge Cal King bed :) but never realizing the final size or the cost of quilting it would be astronomical  but I forged ahead and finished it

Well, since I finally finished the binding and it was raining, I immediately put it on our bed!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!'


It is truly a "scrap quilt".  I used what I had and it is so much fun to look at it and remember the fabrics and time in my life....ever do that????

But the great thrill....the quilting Colleen did....
 
  1. This is what made a simple quilt a great quilt!!!!
Look at a close up of her "signature" pattern.  It took a simple quilt to another level.  Even my husband loved it!!!
 



I am not a lover of fancy quilting on my simple quilts.  This however really brought it to life...even my husband acknowledged it this morning!!!!  "It is really cool"...thank you Colleen - you did an awesome job!!!!!  That's why I love you!!!!!well....not just your quilting skills :)

We are having a few cool days here in San Diego for early fall so off to bed to enjoy another night under my wonderful quilt!!

Remember - SMILE always....
Jayne


Be back soon :)

1 comment: